Saturday 13 July 2013

Barcelona

I've been back from my Spanish trip for almost a week now, sadly sporting a rotten cold and ears that don't want to unblock from the plane landing. Get the moaning out the way - I had a fabulous time. Barcelona was everything I thought it was going to be, a city full of rich orange toned streets, full of character and charm, table tops spread with tapas and huge bowls of fresh seafood paella.
At the top of my Barcelona to-do-list was to visit the Gaudi Cathedral and park, as an art student he's always cropped up in my studies so to actually see his designs there right in front of me was mind blowing. The Cathedral was like nothing I have seen before, fascinating, etherial, it didn't almost look real. I still can't get my head around the fact that it's not going to be finished for another 30 years, this just gives credit to it's intricacy and stature.









A little snippet of our trip. I found it so hard narrowing down photos to show you all, without it getting a bit over kill, yes we know you've been on holiday kinda' thing. We did just cram so much into the short time we had there, with a visit to the cities humongous zoo (where I fell in love with a baby chimp) and took a cable care up to a mountain where the view of Barcelona was incredible. Like I said in my previous post, we spent four nights in Barcelona, then went on to Ibiza for another four nights. I haven't even started on the Ibiza photos, but I'll be sure to share some with you, as I was so pleasantly surprised by the notorious reputation of the island. 

Hope you guys have all had a lovely week, let me know your thoughts on Barcelona and trips you've been on this summer... I'd love to know. 

Harri
xxx

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos!! I'd love to go there one day. I went to Morocco a couple of weeks ago and would definitely recommend it to anyone!

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. still 30 years to complete, that's insane. Who planned it, never heard of anything like it. Built to last then. I enjoyed your photos and look forward to the Ibiza ones

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Cathedral sounds amazing - and shocking that it won't be finished for 30 years. Trying to comprehend that things can take so long is bizarre. It'd be interesting to see it now, and go back in 30 years or so when it's finished. I can't wait to see Barcelona - it looks like a fantastic place to visit xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures- this all looks super awesome! I love your blog and all the pictures

    S&R
    http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/TheRucksackRefinery

    New Post!
    http://www.cattaildown.com/my-blog/2013/07/vegetarian-swedish-meatballs.html

    ReplyDelete